Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm Like Some Kind of Magician Now

I suppose I should confess that I did not, in fact, have time to make my double fudge chocolate cake in the slow cooker last weekend, hence I am photo-less. I know, believe me, I'm disappointed, too. Would it help, though, if I said that I did manage to make lasagna? No, of course not, because lasagna never photographs well, does it? I'll spare you.

But it certainly was delicious. (The lasagna.) The recipe was from Natalie Haughton's cookbook Slow & Easy: Fast-Fix Recipes for Your Electric Slow Cooker.

If you're new to slow cooking, I highly recommend this cookbook. The instructions are well written, Haughton also provides helpful side notes and tips for most recipes, and the ingredients are nothing too exotic or bizarre -- I usually already have everything on hand, or if I don't, I know I can find it without going to a specialty grocer.

God I love my slow cooker. It makes free time magically appear out of nowhere.

No comments: