Monday, February 23, 2009

What I've Been Up to Lately

...I finished my article about the culinary festival for the March issue, and it will go to print this weekend. I'm not very happy with it, but it will have to do.

...And speaking of finishing things -- my tax forms are complete and ready to be filed. That's a huge weight off my shoulders, even if I'm not really getting much any money back.

...I've bought a lot of educational books focused on different fiction writing techniques, and I've been really poring through them lately. Who knows, maybe this will soon lead to a flurry of short stories or novel chapters, since I'm due for just such a flurry. They seem to hit their peak about every four years, I'd say, so it must be time again.

...This past weekend my boyfriend and I traveled home to Oklahoma for his birthday. (I bet you don't know many people who want to go to Oklahoma for their birthdays, huh?) It was very cold, but good to see friends (including the kitty pictured above!) and family, and get away from work for a while.

Photo by Sway Sovay

No comments: