Friday, December 5, 2008

(A Punked-Out) Christmas Came Early

To thank me for some of my recent hard work, my editor in Los Angeles sent me a pair of Hudson jeans (all the way to the right in the photo below).

Me editor also runs a website -- his own, personal venture, which receives, apparently, tons of free samples and other products, clothing among them, in return for endorsements on the site. A lot of these vendors know his shirt size, shoe size, etc., and so they mail him things that they already know will fit him -- they mail him a lot of things, frequently.

After my editor had already sent me my jeans, and also after he discovered that he and my boyfriend are roughly the same size, he told me he was sending another box my way -- a few items he wanted to pass on to us in an effort to free himself of some of these surplus wares. On Monday, a box arrived for me containing all of this:


Again, only the gray-colored jeans on the right are mine. The rest is for my guy. One brown T-shirt with a weird face on it, one black T-shirt with an eyeball wearing a top hat, one short-sleeve button-down collared shirt, one black and white checkered long-sleeve button-down shirt, three pairs of jeans, a hooded denim vest, a denim jacket with black knitted ribbing at the collar and cuffs, and one pair of black fingerless gloves.

My boyfriend and I usually dress in a style that's more closely defined by The Gap than uh, whatever this style is ... But he tried on everything anyway and, surprisingly, said he was keeping it all. I have serious doubts that most of these will ever see much light of day, such as the hooded vest, the fingerless gloves, the denim jacket, and one pair of jeans that was waaaaay too "emo" for his tastes. However, there was one pair of jeans that did look decent on him, and I really liked the black and white checkered shirt after I saw it on him.

Do you see the inside lining of the pair of jeans on top of the three that are stacked? The box also included a bandana with that same print on it, but I stole it from my boyfriend because it's pretty, and I felt like I deserved something out of that huge pile of clothes just for him. Plus, I am far more likely to wear it as a headband than he is to ever wear it as ... anything.

Photo by Sway Sovay

No comments: