Monday, December 15, 2008

My Brain is Melting

This past weekend, my boyfriend's parents were in town from Wednesday through Sunday, which meant absolutely no Christmas shopping was accomplished. And it's not like I'm going to have time to do any this weekend either.

The magazine is in print mode from now until the end of next Tuesday, which means my life is in lockdown. Sooo ... this week, I will be working 'round the clock, and then leaving on Friday morning for Oklahoma City for my friend's wedding (one in which I am a bridesmaid) ... Which means there's the rehearsal dinner Friday night, then the wedding on Saturday night ... Then the drive to Tulsa on Sunday morning and visiting with more friends and family ... Then the flight out of Tulsa back to Phoenix on Monday morning and heading straight from the airport back to work ... And then working for something like close to 48 hours straight as we try to seal the deal on the January issues ... And then BAM, it's Christmas Eve.

And so I am trying to figure out just exactly how and when (and what) I plan on buying Christmas presents for my family (Dad, Mom, sister), a gift exchange present for my coworker (whom I do not know at all), a wedding present for the bride and groom, a gift for my boyfriend's parents, and gifts to mail to my German penpal and her two little girls. Do I dare even open the Pandora's box of buying Christmas presents for any of my girlfriends, lest some discover who and who did not make my list, or should I just nix those gifts this year and give them cards instead?

My brain hurts.

I don't want to think about any of it right now.

Right now I just want to copy edit, drink hot chocolate and every once in a while take breaks to:





No comments: