Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving 2008

I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I was in charge of the meal this year -- mostly due to the fact that I hate cleaning dishes -- so I made a deal with the rest of my family that if I cooked everything, they would clean up afterward. In addition to the turkey, I made sweet potatoes glazed in maple syrup, cloves and orange zest; green beans with crumbled turkey bacon and slivered almonds; stuffing from scratch; and cranberry chutney from fresh cranberries and boiled sugar and water. Miraculously, everything turned out wonderfully, so I'll definitely be putting these dishes on my list for next year.

I had a great time being around my mom and dad and my sister and my boyfriend. It was certainly a day to celebrate all the love in my life.

No comments: