Thursday, November 6, 2008

Scottsdale Fashion Week '08 Kicks Off

SFW kicks off today and runs through the end of Saturday night.

Tonight is the Wearable ArtWalk, which I'm not sure I'll be able to make. But regardless, that's not what I'm most excited about. What I'm really looking forward to are the runway shows tomorrow and Saturday night.

The PR contact who provided me with an overwhelming amount of information for my article (which is in the issue that came out on Monday! I'm relieved, because it turned out so well!) was kind enough to offer me complimentary tickets to some of the shows on the main runway.

I've never been to a fashion show before, let alone a fashion week, so I'm pretty curious and therefore do plan on attending. I know they're expecting more than 30,000 people to show up, which means there's no doubt it's going to be a dazzling production.

I've heard a lot about this tented, climate-controlled runway (like the one in New York City) that they've added this year. There's going to be drinks and light shows and music and projections ... I will probably go into sensory-overload.

Oh geez ... what am I going to wear?

You would think I would have begun considering this long ago, but for some reason it didn't occur to me until now. What's the word for that? Irony?

No comments: