Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chihuly + Fun With PhotoShop

Yesterday evening my boyfriend and I went to see the Desert Botanical Garden's "Chihuly: The Nature of Glass" exhibit. All the glass sculptures scattered throughout the garden are by artist Dale Chihuly, whose works are on display in more than 200 museums worldwide, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, London's Victoria and Albert Museum and the Smithsonian American Art Museum. (Plus, his name is fun to say. )

Here are a few photos that I took while I was at the garden. Most of these I merely touched up, but a couple I altered pretty heavily. And had a lot of fun while doing so. Because I am just that much of a nerdlette.

Click on any photo for a larger image.


The last one posted here is my favorite, because it looks like it's out of a comicbook or something. You'll have to click on it to bring up the larger version in order to see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, not my best photographic work, but it's hard to take a good photo when dozens of people are trying to pushing their way past you. Seriously, you have got to watch out for the senior citizens around here. They will take you out with their walkers and canes...

Photos by Sway Sovay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh.....that's purty;-)