Monday, March 2, 2009

Girl, the Back of Your Head is Ridikilus

Earlier today I made a stop at a gas station to refill my car's tank. I was nearly finished at the pump, when I sensed someone standing right behind me.

I half turned and noticed out of the corner of my eye a tall young man standing beside a bicycle.

"Hey, that's a nice car," he said.

"Thanks."

"Good color, too. I like that color."

"Thanks."

"Hey, are you Asian? I can't tell behind your sunglasses."

"Um, yeah... I'm half, actually."

"Oh. Oh, ok, that's cool."

[He paused for a moment.]

"Hey... Hey, uh, you got a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, I do..."

"Gawd that suuuuuuucks..." he whined, and then got on his bicycle and rode away.


Kind of awkward. But also kind of amusing -- mostly just because he came out of nowhere and was so upfront about his interests. Made me laugh a little afterward, because I remembered the following Mad TV skits:



No comments: