Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Misplaced Rodent

One of my friends in Oklahoma was driving home from work last Thursday when a squirrel ran across the road right in front of her. It was raining, and there was a car in the lane next to her, so my friend couldn't swerve to avoid hitting the doomed creature. As fate would have it, my friend heard/felt the squirrel pass under her car, but when my friend looked in her rearview mirror, she didn't see the animal lying on the ground.

When she got home, she told her husband that she thought the squirrel might be stuck under her car somehow. He started teasing her, telling her that there wasn't really anywhere it could be stuck, and saying, "You better watch out, when you get in and out of your car he might try to grab your legs!"

Saturday morning, my friend and her husband went to play tennis. They got out of the car and walked up to the court. My friend's husband looked back at the car, stopped suddenly, and then said, "I think I found the squirrel..."

No comments: