Thursday, August 16, 2007

Things I Currently Covet

The entire Sarah Jessica Parker clothing collection.


I'm not a huge fan of Sarah Jessica Parker. A month or two ago, one of the girls in my office gushed, "Hey, did you hear that Sarah Jessica Parker is coming out with a new clothing line??"

To which I responded, "Oh really?? Cool." But to which I thought, "Who cares. All we need is yet another celebrity trying to capitalize on her fame by weedling her way into yet another industry." (Man, I am one cynical curmudgeon.)

But flash forward a few months and I found myself walking through a Steve and Barry's store with (and I am not ashamed to admit this) the sole purpose of checking out SJP's new line. (Which, by the way, is called Bitten.)

My conclusion? It's perfect. The whole collection is absolutely perfect. Every item under $20?And surprisingly good quality for that price? Have I died and gone to heaven?

It's amazing -- this woman has hit the nail exactly on the head. This is what girls and women all across the country have been praying for their whole lives: clothes that fit every shape and size, that won't make you break your budget, and that are classic enough to stay in style for years.

I don't know what SJP and Steve and Barry's have in mind for the seasonal collections to come, but I'm hoping that they don't let me down.

Photo: New York Times

No comments: