Tuesday, May 31, 2011

An In-Progress Knitted Citron In The Least Citrus-Like Color Possible


Pictured above: My scrunched-up, in-progress Citron shawl (pattern/completed version pictured here) alongside my iPhone for scale.

I was in need of some mindless knitting at the end of last week in time for the long weekend, and this project has been perfect -- in that it is simple and goes on forever, much like the never-ending-but-equally-beautiful Clapotis pattern ...)

It's similar to the Clapotis I knit for KT (way back when) in another way -- I'm using the exact same yarn: Naturally Caron Country in Deep Taupe (25% merino wool, 75% acrylic). Ever since I finished binding off the Clapotis, the last 1 and 3/4 skeins have been lurking in my stash, waiting to be found again.

I like this yarn a lot; it's easy to work with and has a very subtle sheen to it, which adds a bit of fun. I only slightly regret not going up one needle size (it's currently on 24-inch circular 6's), because I think the extra space in between the stitches would have fit the whimsy of the pattern a little better ... But then again, it is all scrunched up right now as it's still in progress. I think that after I finish, some blocking and a wee bit of stretching could do some good if need be.

Plus, this was my tester, just to see if I could pull off the pattern. For the next one, I'm thinking a much brighter, better-quality yarn. This looks tempting.

No comments: