Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Knit Because the Yarn and Needles are a Few Things in Life That I Can Control

A few 100-hour-plus work weeks in the month of November and now I'm back. And I brought presents.

Well, kind of.

Who doesn't love bad knitting photography?

Here are long overdue photos of KT's finished Clapotis, which I was able to block into shape over the Thanksgiving break:




Another project I was able to both start and finish (it's a Christmas miracle!) over the weekend were these baby booties for the baby of a former co-worker and his wife. I really liked the way they turned out, even if the pattern was a little confusing at first.



And because I regularly use this blog to remember when I knitted what and for whom and with which needles and what yarn, I'm just going to start logging away these little details here for the purposes of Future Me ...

KT's Clapotis: Naturallycaron.com; Country; 75% acrylic; 25% merino wool; Color: 0015 Deep Taupe; size 8 straight needles; Pattern "Clapotis" from Knitty.com; at least 4 skeins (185 yds./85 g./3 oz./each)

KJ's Baby Booties: Lion Brand; Cotton Ease; 50% acrylic; 50% cotton; Colors: 152 Charcoal & 123 Seaspray; size 3 straight needles (could have been smaller size); Pattern "Saartje's Booties" from Saartjeknits.nl; 1 skein each color, not much used


The baby booties didn't require much yarn, and I love the colors, particularly the bluish charcoal color, so I'm going to use them for a pair of practice "Cashmere Fingerless Gloves" over at The Purl Bee.

If they turn out well and/or don't make me become violently frustrated and prone to screaming like some other knitting patterns, then I might consider buying some fancy cashmere-y yarn and making them again.

All in good time. Or, knowing me, all in a really, really, really long time resulting in a case of binge knitting.

Photos by Sway Sovay

No comments: