Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Time to Move the Wagons Again

Dear dear internet world, I have good news: I have not been ignoring you of free will. Promise.

Rather, my boyfriend and I just moved into are still unpacking in have only recently found things like our internet cables in our new place. I feel like I've been basically spinning in circles for the past several days -- packing, unpacking, packing, unpacking. And we're still neither officially out of the old place nor officially into the new place, but we will be soon. Very soon. Like, next Tuesday soon.

The better news is that we've moved to something akin to a mini desert wildlife preserve, meaning every morning when I step outside to drink my coffee on the back porch, I see one of these:


And usually a lot of these:


And occasionally, one of these:


We've also been told there's a resident bobcat that likes to scare the you know what out of local house cats, but I haven't spied him yet.

I love our new home. It has a lot of space for all my favorite pastimes: cooking, reading, knitting and of course, writing. And it's pretty neat to be so close to a metropolitan city and yet still on the outside edge, looking in on all the chaos.

Speaking of cooking, I already told you about how I nearly burned my face off making dinner in the new place last Saturday, right? I haven't?? Oh right, missing internet cables...

Well in that case, I'll be sure to cover all of that in my next post. It involves some bacon, a tall glass of milk, my own stupidity, a spicy little treat and a very nice young man who was willing to take me to the emergency room. To be continued.

No comments: