Monday, May 25, 2009

A Big Post on Small Things

I was browsing How About Orange today to catch up on the many posts I've missed this month, and I came across something incredibly awesome and very fun that Jessica actually posted on my birthday: a link to the website Tiltshiftmaker.com.

If you upload a photo to the site, it will manipulate the image into a "tilt shift miniature-style" photograph for you. Here, I'll show you what I mean. Since Europe is so excellent for providing shutterbugs with photographs containing lots and lots of details, let's have some fun with Sway's travel photography, shall we?

Here is a photo I took of St. Peter's Cemetery while I was in Salzburg last fall:

And here is that same photo, run through the tilt shift program:

Totally wicked cool, right? Here is a photo I took in 2005 of the village of Wernigerode, Germany:And now the miniature version:

And here's Vatican City in Rome, which I also photographed in 2005:

And now a teeny tiny Vatican City:

I could do this all day! Go to the site and give it a try. Remember that photos with lots of detail tend to produce better results.

And also, for some extra fun, here is a "little" tilt-shift video, which I also originally saw on How About Orange. I love it so much that now I really, really want to make my own! I shall put that on my list of things to do...

Bathtub IV from Keith Loutit on Vimeo.

No comments: