Monday, December 8, 2008

Halfway on the Clapotis, Etc.

I am now more than halfway through the Clapotis pattern, and it looks like this:


I know it doesn't look like I'm halfway there, but trust me, I have a notepad full of tick marks to prove it. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to block it so that it lies flat, or just leave it as is, so that it continues to kind of bunch up and curl on its own. Hmm.

More stitchery goodness:


And in other knitting news, I have finally finished (mostly) the afghan I began making for my boyfriend about a year ago. I still have a few loose ends to weave in on the wrong side, but other than that, it is finally, finally done.


The pattern is my own, albeit not a very tricky one, as I'm sure any advanced knitter could look at this photograph and reproduce the exact same blanket. At any rate, if you have any questions regarding the pattern, just e-mail me.

We're so close to Christmas now, that for a moment I considered just wrapping up the afghan and giving it to my boyfriend as his holiday present, but seeing as how he's been waiting a year for it, I figured that might be like cheating, don't you think?

Photos by Sway Sovay

No comments: