Monday, September 27, 2010

But That's Why I Bring The Tape Recorder

I'm heading to New York on Wednesday around lunchtime. At the same time, my boyfriend is getting on a different plane and heading to Chicago. I'm sure our stacks of books and papers here at home will miss us.

The good news is I'm not stressed out about all the work that will or won't be done while I'm gone. I'll be checking in on things and working on assignments here and there, but I think I've managed to get a pretty good headstart on the week. Which is awesome. The ability to schedule posts for future dates and times was a superb invention.

The bad news is, today a PR rep called me to say she'd seen my published interview with one of her clients and that the client is upset that they were misquoted. Honestly, this has never happened to me before, so I was understandably upset myself, too. But I always, always, always record all my interviews, whether they're over the phone or in person -- and this is precisely the reason why. The whole thing is still in limbo, because the client hasn't yet passed on the corrections. Very frustrating. But at least the article is published online and not in print, so as soon as the client is able to tell me what was in error, there is the possibility of fixing it and everyone going back to living with a peace of mind.

But I'm still looking forward to New York, full speed ahead. Any recommendations for places to eat and shop, that sort of thing, do let me know.

No comments: