Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Not All Of The Martinis Are Blue


Yup, I did it. (I'm referring to my last post of course.) And I feel fine. Fine and healthy. Didn't get any headaches, no feeling lightheaded, no suffering from exhaustion. It was a piece of cake. Er, glass of juice.

And now that I've come to the end of the last day, I just feel strong and refreshed and happy that I did something good for myself. Instead of downing food containing only some usable calories and the rest going to waste, for the past three days I fed my body nothing but usable calories, and I have to say, the difference in how it has made me feel is pretty impressive. I did lose some weight, too, just as a happy side effect -- and it burned off in all the right places, so I don't necessarily look "skinnier," just more toned up in all the spots that always gave me trouble. Overall, I give this experiment an A. I'm leaving off the plus sign because I have to admit that drinking that much juice got a little monotonous by the morning of Day 3. Except for the raw cashew chocolate milk! That recipe was delish ...

At any rate, I am going out tonight to a birthday get-together at Blue Martini for a few hours, even though I would much rather stay home (I'm boring like that) and get some work done. I fell behind today due to the fact that a friend of mine who is on vacation in California needed me to deliver a saddle. Yes, you read that right. She's a professional equestrian. I had to go claim said saddle and then take said saddle to her stable. (Try saying that five times fast.) Therefore I lost a little time in the ol' office, aka my living room.

I also went to the Phoenix Art Museum this morning for work, to see the Cezanne exhibition they currently have on display. It was really good, much larger than I had expected -- it took me about an hour to go through the whole thing, which I think is kind of a while for just one room of paintings.

So tonight: Blue Martini, come home, work, crash, wake up, work, clean house again, make grocery run, work, then go pick up my boyfriend from the airport and possibly go see my friend in the hospital who gave birth to twins yesterday. And then, yep, you guessed it -- work some more. Weeeeeeeeeee.

No comments: