Tuesday, June 8, 2010

To Be Filed Under: Filing

On Saturday, I submitted my application to receive unemployment benefits. It felt weird, like I should be ashamed by it, but then again, there's a large percentage of the population that's in the same boat right now. And also, as my boyfriend pointed out, we do pay unemployment insurance each time we earn wages, so if I paid for it, I might as well use it. Right? Still weird though.

In similar news, I received an e-mail today from a recent interviewer letting me know that the company had found someone else they liked better for their copywriter position. Nertz. As you can probably tell, it has not felt like a super-productive day.

Tomorrow morning, out of retaliation against the universe, I will be going for a horse riding lesson and then quite possibly to a friend's birthday party in the evening. Also, I fully intend to take part in the Irish Cultural Center of Arizona's "Bloomin' Beerfest" on Saturday. Do you hear me, universe?? That ought to shake you up a bit.

No comments: